Welcome To My Blog!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mikey Bustos

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd write up another quick blog post while I take a small break from working on my cousin's online videoblog series called MikeyTV, of which I am the director. I figure I should do a blog about him before I finish the first episode so that I can blog about the episode later. Haha. It's taking me a while to do the first episode, with part of the reason being that I need to create certain effects and graphics that the show will be needing overall, so I have to get that done first. After the first episode is done, every episode after that should take less and less time.


My cousin's name is Mikey Bustos and was on Canadian Idol season one. He made it to the top eight finalists. And yes, that means he is on the Canadian Idol "Greatest Moments" CD, which went Gold in sales. You can purchase the CD here if you're interested.


As of recent, he had just released a full length album called "Memoirs of A Superhero", which is in HMV stores Canada wide and also available for download on iTunes and Amazon.com. You can also hear his latest single, "If It Feels Good Then We Should", playing on rotation on radio stations all across North America, which is really exciting! I want him to do well and become more well known. His song lyrics have lots of meaning behind them, and he puts a lot of thought into each song. My favourite song of his has got to be "Everytime My Heart Beats." Beautiful song! =)

He's accomplished so much in so little time. He's toured all over North America and has even toured overseas in The Philippines. He was interviewed and performed on big Filipino shows like SOP, StarTalk, and Eat Bulaga, and was also a special guest on Philippine Idol. Oh, and not to mention that he was the opening act for The Pussycat Dolls as well as Christina Aguilera!!!

My cousin, Mikey Bustos, with Pussycat Doll member Melody Thornton.

I'm very proud to be his cousin and to have known him growing up. He's very smart and intelligent and creative. We used to write stories together and come up with poems and songs. I really loved his creative side and I'm glad that now he is putting that passion to great use with his song writing. He loves to entertain and I personally feel that singing for the world really is his destiny.

The first episode of MikeyTV should be done soon, within a week's time. I will post up the link to the first episode as soon as it is done!

Cheers!

- The Temporal Guardian -

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow loved the pik ... u must be very proud of ur cousin :)

    ReplyDelete