Welcome To My Blog!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Mikey TV - Episode One: "The Memories of A Superhero"

Well, the first episode of Mikey TV is out!!! =) It's the first episode following the life of my cousin, singer and song writer, Mikey Bustos. =) Well, the episode has been out for almost a week now, actually. =P

This episode took a while for me to make because it was such a long interview and I had to cut it down to 10 minutes to fit on YouTube, and also had to include pictures and video clips to keep it interesting to watch (and to prove that what he claims was true). I showed it to my family today, and they freaked out at how many famous people he's actually met in the Philippines (I didn't realize just how famous until my family watched the episode). I guess they now know who's famous in the Philippines because they recently bought the Philippine Channel on Rogers cable TV. LoL. =)

This logo I spent quite a bit of time designing. It may look simple, but I've applied the "Golden Ratio" (1.618) to the design in so many ways (from the height between the "M" and the "ikey", to the distance between the "Mikey" and "TV", to the ratio of white to blue, etc.). If you don't know what the Golden Ratio is, look it up. =) You'll find something very interesting with that ratio. =)


But yeah, this is the first installment of Mikey TV. The episode name is a play on words, as it plays on the title of his latest album "Memoirs of A Superhero". You can download his album here. My family thought the title of the episode was a mistake. Haha. It's because the episode is a look back at the last 6 years (hence, "Memories") of what my cousin has accomplished so far. =)

I'm glad to be a part of all of this, and so happy to see my cousin achieving all of his dreams. =) We grew up together and I've always known him to be such a creative and intellectual individual. I'm very proud of him! =)

The video is also embedded on a website, which is still under construction -- www.MikeyTV.com.

Oh, and for some reason, on YouTube the counter is stuck at 301 views. Very strange. Apparently a common glitch. I hope they find a workaround soon...

Anyway, now for the episode of Mikey TV. Don't forget to rate, comment, favourite, subscribe, etc... (if you want to) =) Thanks, and enjoy! =]



- The Temporal Guardian -

1 comment:

  1. This is fickin' amazing! I am incredibly happy for you and Mikey

    ReplyDelete